Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jersey Shore: It must be love

In the pantheon of reality television I can confidently say that after 2.25 episodes, Jersey Shore is one of my two favorite reality shows of all time. In fairness to other reality shows, I probably have never seen you. I’m aware of Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother and Dancing with the Stars, but they’re not interesting to me. There is nothing compelling about them.
My favorite reality show is Top Chef. It combines interesting plots, characters and cooking. That’s a good recipe for me.
But Jersey Shore is the human experiment of my life. Sure, these people are hilarious on the surface. But that’s just one aspect of the show. The hair, the language the superficial stuff is just one layer. Beneath the surface we see that they’re just like everyone else. It’s just a different package. I love it.
Additionally, ANgelina's boyfriend is a complete wet blanket. Normally this role is acted out by the woman, but he owns the role. He completes the picture by being insecure (worries about what she's doing) and he's awkward in her environment (isn't really around the whole house). He predicts things will go badly during his visit, which couldn't be more accurate. They aren't clicking in this atmosphere and it will blow up in their face. Oh yeah, I'm prematurely writing this since I'm so excited. Also, I'm typically the wet blanket. But I know I am, so I find ways to avoid being the wet blanket. It's a constant struggle.
But wait, my premature declaration has blown up in my face!!!! UGh, i need to shower. ANgelina's boyfriend is married? She's someone's mistress. Must contain my thoughts.

No comments: