Thursday, December 10, 2009

Great Reveal on Lost

I think one of the best reveals on Lost is when we learn that Sun made it off the island, while Jin's fate is doubtful. I was literally crying the first time I saw this episode. (I may be a girl who just happens to have a penis).
Yet the reveal is misleading, since (spoiler alert) Jin is ok. Although, they currently have not reconnected. This episode began a long tease about their relationship that is still going on.

It could have ended perfectly, with Jin dying on the boat as he saves Sun, like he promised. Instead he gets a pardon from the Lost gods (seems like a pun). It just didn't do it for me. I get that Jin is a beloved character, but he could have been sacrificed just the way Charlie was.
Charlie made a sacrifice and Jin should have gone down the same path. To not do this is a failure by the writers, unless of course Jin has an amazing story in the final season.
This episode also introduces us to Kevin Johnson, which is Michael's alias on the boat. Up next is the episode detailing the life of Kevin Johnson.

No comments: