Friday, October 2, 2009

My New Favorite Fictional Couple

JD and Elliot. Liz Lemon and Floyd. Jessica and Hoyt. All couples of the past as far as I'm concerned. Ok, I'd take Jessica and Hoyt back in a second, but I've found my new favorite tv pairing; Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson.
Sure the characters from "Glee" haven't reached Ross and Rachel status yet, but the Rachel and Finn dynamic is my new favorite couple.
As played by Lea Michele and Cory Monteith, these two young actors light up every scene they're in together. The dynamic is palpable. You almost feel like they're serious in real life the way they're looking at each other. But I guess that's just acting. ACTING!
Anyway, when Rachel and Finn share the stage for any of the dance/singing routines in "Glee" I just get swept away. But it's not just the musical numbers that i'm enraptured with, the struggle to get these two together throughout the course of the show is an uphill battle i'm willing to fight for.
In case you're not watching, what I'm talking about is the fact that Finn is already taken. In fact, his girlfriend, Quinn is pregnant and he's committed to his child. Except, the kid isn't his and he doesn't know that...
Obviously there will be many road blocks in their way before they become official, but they've already kissed and have both admitted feelings for the other. THIS WILL HAPPEN!! IT MUST HAPPEN!!!
You must watch Glee. It's great. Rachel and Finn are great.

No comments: