Monday, October 5, 2009

Movies I want to see...

All of these recommendations come after watching movie trailers at www.hulu.com. That's right, Hulu is expanding!!!
Anyway, some people think they can if a movie will be a good by its trailer, and some can, but I'm here to fill the void for you people that can't. So here we go...
Afterschool: This is a self-proclaimed indie, and rightly so by the fact I can only identify one actor (previously seen on Royal Pains).
There is a murder at a prep school and it seems like the movie is the fallout from that. The trailer is dark and disturbing, hinting at a movie that accentuates these conditions even more. I'm excited and terrified.

Brief Interviews with Hideous Men: This is from Jim from "The Office." I know a little more about this movie from an interview Jim did with one of the stars of the movie on NPR. Jim wrote, directed and has a role in the movie, which he fell in love with during college at Brown (learned this from the radio, not the trailer). I think the trailer played up how light and fun the movie is, and tried to gloss over how dark and disturbing the movie really is (there's that phrase again. I'm not creative at all). I think this film is much more depressing than the trailer lets on, but I'm still intrigued. The cast is phenomenal. Well, at least well known.
Youth in Revolt: This movie stars Micahel Cera playing some version of a character he's already played before. If i sound bored, I'm not. Love Michael Cera. Actually, the best way to put it is that he's playing George-Michael Bluth trying to lose his virginity and since this is a struggle he creates an alter ego that allows him to break out of his shell. Not sure what happens then, because I stopped during the middle of the trailer I was so excited to start writing. Finished the trailer, and i'm still super excited. It feels like Adaptation meets Me, Myself and Irene meets some generic high school movie minus the generic part. Most excited for this movie.

2 comments:

EntDailyFan said...

Michael Cera makes me uncomfortable. And don't get me started on that "Anyone Else But You" song from Juno. Yuck.

Unknown said...

nice article, keep posting, and you guys if you want to see more free movies to watch see movies for free