Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ALMOST THERE

I rarely try to anticipate anything on LOST, but I think I have an idea about tonight's episode. (If you don't want to read a possible spoiler, stop.)
The episodes of LOST lately have been pushing toward a culmination of events. This is pretty obvious, as we're coming to the series finale. But specifically i'm referring to the tribal council we'll have tonight with the Jacobites and the Men in Locke.
In my opinion, though, the more interesting come to jesus moment is occurring in the flashsideways world. It appears that Desmond has taken it upon himself to wake everyone up to the previous reality. I think he was successful with Locke when he hit him with the car, as it seemed vaguely reminiscent of when he was pushed out of the building by his dad. Ok, so this time he didn't die, but i think it works.
Where is Locke going to go now? Why to the hospital. But what hospital, Sacred Heart? No, wrong show. He'll go where all-star surgeon Jack works. This could possibly bring about his awakening too!
Anyway, that's where the show is heading. It makes sense if you consider that the flashsideways could then mirror the island events, since in both scenarios Locke (or MiL) would be dealing with Jack. No idea what's going to actually come from all of this, but that's the setup I think we'll get tonight.
Crazy? Possibly on the right track? I'm going to watch TOTALLY LOST now and listen to people smarter than me talk about Lost.

No comments: