Friday, August 28, 2009

True Blood reboot

So True Blood has officially taken over my life. Not only do i watch the new episodes multiple times, I have begun watching the show from the beginning with my friends Whitney and Alex, who are blood virgins.

We watched the series premiere and the second episode today. They both say they'll watch the rest of the season, although they couldn't articulate what they liked except to say they found it interesting. I thought Whitney, being a girl, would be into the love story, but she said that wasn't a compelling interest for her.
I'm struck by how different Bill looks compared to now. He seems more life-like and animated. Now he carries himself with a certain amount of experience and looks much grayer.
Also, the pacing of the show is a little different. Maybe it's not the pacing, but the focus of the show is different. It's much more mundane compared to the end of season one and all of season two. I think they did a good job introducing the characters and describing the world they operate in.
I am anxiously awaiting the introduction of Eric. He is such a fascinating character.
That's all for now. Broke my personal computer, so posts might be a little less frequent since i can't just bang out my thoughts. Maybe that's a good thing, though, and it will inspire more careful analysis.
What do you think? More randomness or more thought provoking think pieces? Comment please.

No comments: