Sunday, August 23, 2009

Top Chef Season 6 premiere!

Top Chef is back, and this time it's debuting its wares (right word?) in Sin City, Las Vegas! Apparently the setting is important, but i'm not really sure why, except for an awkward entrance by some show girls. So I guess what I'm saying is, unless they cook for some legal prostitutes i don't see the allure of Vegas over anywhere else that has ovens...

Anyway, I'm not in love with this season's cast of characters, but i'm sure they'll grow on me. I had an immediate connection with the two brothers, as that seems like a fun dynamic that could cause tension, spur a rivalry, and upset the dynamic of the competitors. They'll be in it for the long hall.
I'm happy there is a foreigner. Matteeeeeeeeen seems to have an adequate dose of personality, but not enough to eclipse Fabio and Stephen from last year. They set the bar pretty high with their accents, which Matteeeeen can match, and had personalities that this year's foreigner can't match (at least not yet). Matteeeeen is definitely a contender.
The rest of the cast and the show was kind of a blur for me, which makes me wonder if this might make a better running diary. Anyway, there appears to be a bunch of male habits, a gay guy who is constantly reminding us he's gay, some unattractive ladies and one deceptively hot girl (who my friend from college has chosen as his competitor. My horse is the older of the two brothers).
Glad to see Gail is back. She is looking hot as ever. Wolfgang made a good judge, even if i didn't think he was as funny as Tom did. It was awkward watching Tom fawn over the puckmeister. It appears Padma lost all the weight she claims that she gains every season, as she was quite attractive.

No comments: