Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jessica and Hoyt

So I'm rewatching last week's True Blood and besides the developing story with Eric and Sookie, the thing i'm left contemplating the most is Jessica and Hoyt.
I'm a sucker for a good love story and this one pulls at every heart string I have. I love the fact that Hoyt always stands up for Jessica. He never wavers, not even for a moment. I thought by now his mom would have worn him down, but it appears that love will keep them together.

Although, there are a few obvious complications that could arise. For instance, this is Jessica's first love, so she could be stolen away by a smoother character, like a vampire for instance. I doubt this scenario, but in normal life, it seems to me like first loves are rarely lasting loves.
What's more likely to plague the romance is the fact that Jessica is a vampire and Hoyt is not. This would seem to make Hoyt a perfect candidate for the turning process, but I don't think they'll go that way with this. I think it's more likely that one of them will die, like in the upcoming turmoil. This doesn't make a boat load of sense, and I'm hesitant to make any predictions since the show always surprises me.
For now, though, I'll just sit back and soak it all up.
I can't mention my favorite couple without mentioning my least favorite couple, which is Eggs and Tara. First of all, Eggs? Really? Second of all, who would just blindly accept things the way these two morons do? I must have drank too much? Boy that was strange, but why question it? In a town that has vampires and every other cooky thing, wouldn't it make sense to immediately assume there is foul play at work????

Anyway, on a simpler level their relationship bothers me. They're both just annoying and I don't have fun watching them on screen.

No comments: