Saturday, December 11, 2010

Staying Hip

While I am usually the first to know about movies in the works, the future of television shows or the latest dirt on celebrity couples, I lag tragically behind my peers when it comes to knowing modern popular music.
Recently I was put to the test of identifying the rapper Drake, which I did somehow. But to be honest, i'm more familiar with Drake cupcakes than Drake's music.
So with this confessed ignorance in mind, here are three current songs That I'm into.

Ke$ha's "We R Who We R"
This infectious diddy sounds just like everything else she has created, which is fine by me, because i think Ke$ha has found a winning formula.



I have always had a special place in my heart for Sara Bareilles, whose album I used to play over and over again when driving places with my roommate Sean Kirkpatrick in college. Pretty sure we both know all the words to the song "Fairytale" or some name like, but now i'm into the song "King of Anything."



Bruno Mars has been described as the Hawaiian Elvis, but I think he should be called the Hawaiian Phil Spector. What? You don't know who he is? Well he is a murderer, who also produced a ton of great upbeat music 40 years ago. I think Bruno Mars carries on that mantle, as embodied by the song "Runaway Baby."

No comments: