Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nothing to be Gleeful about

There are bad episodes of GLEE, and then there's the recent Christmas episode, which is barely watchable.
My position on the show, in general, is that the plots should be completely abandoned. They're completely inane and I get mad every time they try to teach me a lesson. The show has six positive attributes: Sue is fun. Brittany is hilarious. Santana and Quinn are really hot. Other Asian can dance. And finally, THE MUSICAL INTERLUDES ARE GREAT!!!
So yeah, I watch just for the music videos, and when they suck the show is barely watchable.
In Glee's rendition of HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS the songs fail to elevate a particularly bad plot.
I don't know what I hated worse, the fact that Sue robs poor people (while we're supposed to sympathize with her) or the pukeworthy presence of the Glee club at Shue's house.
With the awesome directions you can pull Christmas songs, I'm bummed that GLEE, which is usually very creative, didn't come up with some original creations. And no, I'm not forgetting the duet of BABY IT"S COLD OUTSIDE, with two guys!!! CRAZY! You're so edgy, except you're not.... (On a side note, when is Kurt going to make a move?)
Here's to hoping I don't strangle myself during the next episode.
On a final note, though, I am seriously addicted to Santana's rendition of VALERIE in a previous episode.

No comments: