Friday, June 4, 2010

My Idol

Whil I didn't watch AMERICAN IDOL this season, I've still managed to come up with some opinions about the show. Essentially it comes down to Lee sucks, Crystal rules and Siobhan never got her chance to shine.
But don't take my word for it, why don't you check out some of these videos. Don't worry, I won't waste your time with Lee's weak ass attempts to sing.

1. This is the breakout performance for Crystal this season. She cemented her odd niche on the show and demonstrated that she was a class above the competition. Here she is with ME AND BOBBY MCGEE.


2. But guess what, Crystal could go mainstream, as she illustrated with her rendition of MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO GEORGIA. I dare you not to go buy this on iTunes right now.


3. Yet, while I recognize that Crystal was the most talented contestant, my love is reserved for Siobhan Magnus. With her tatoos, piercings and wackjob attitude I was completely in love. She filled the space in my heart I have reserved for lovable outcasts. I really can't express how much I love her.
Oh yeah, she also sings, and here she is with the ROllING STONE'S "Paint It Black." Her slowed down and dramatic rendition is great.


4. But to be fair, let's acknowledge the talent of Crystal one more time. I was a fan of Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason," but I think I'm a bigger fan of Crystal's version. What do you think?


Ok, that's the 9th season of American Idol in a nutshell. If i can think of anything important you should know, I'll let you know.

No comments: