Friday, May 28, 2010

Guest Post: GLEE

(Editor's Note: THis was first published as a comment to one of Dave's articles. It is a crime when the comment is better than the actual post, so we're hoping to correct that injustice by highlighting the work of Steve . We think people will like this, and hopefully we can start grooming Dave's replacement. At the very least, maybe they'll figure out how to arrange a GLEE podcast and sing-a-long. P.s. The first picture is Steve)

I have a weekly date with a group of friends. We started watching GLEE in the fall, and it used to be fun. GLEE is not normally a show I would watch, but everyone else was into it and the group dynamic was fun. It helped that there was a group setting to make fun of the utterly ridiculous things that happened. The characters were fine, the story was ok, but it was a fun experience.


Lately though, the story has gotten more out there. The show is a lot more preachy, and is much less fun to watch. I probably would have stopped watching it if not for the group.

Unlike most people, I'm not blown away by the music. Some songs are really good (Dream On was fantastic) but most of the others are just ok.

Miscellaneous points:
-I was going to rant about Kurt and Finn, but you beat me to it. My thoughts exactly. I used to like Kurt but now I can't stand him.
-My favorite characters (in order): Other Asian, Brittany, Sue, Puck, Santana. Oh, and Neil Patrick Harris.
-No Sue this episode. I was disappointed.
-When you find yourself rooting for the jocks against the protagonists, it's not a good sign for the show.

Finally, is Rachel hot? I change my mind from "super attractive" to "not good looking at all" at least ten times an episode. No exaggeration.

(I vote SUPER HOT)

No comments: