Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Top Chef update

So thanks to a screw up by Bravo or my DVR, I ended up missing the episode of Top Chef that said goodbye to Jessie and Hector. Luckily, I did get to see last week's episode where my boy Bryan thrived. Thrived, though, fails to capture how well he did and i think Gail said it best when she admitted she wouldn't mind camping with him. Read that how you will, but yeah, he probably banged her (Based on this picture, who can blame her???).
This episode did a good job differentiating between the strong and weak. I think the bottom three in the elimination challenge are the worst chefs and will soon be gone. Pauline, if that even is her name, can't execute and usually has terrible plans. Ron, for all his charm, can't cook fish. I'm a pseudo-cook, who never has any idea what's going on during Top Chef, but even I knew he over cooked his fish in the quick fire.
Utterly amazed that scum bag Michael, the dark haired one who isn't the young brother, is considered a good cook. Maybe it's his personality that has biased me against him, but apparently he has a little game. I thought he was all bluster. His preparation skill with the cactus proved me wrong.
I've always thought Ashley was a strong cook and I'm glad she had a strong showing.
THe brothers V were both in the top again, which is exciting for me as a fan of their dynamic. Michael had a good dish with what seemed like a risk, but I think eventually he will fail spectacularly with one of those gambles at a time he can't afford to fail. Bryan on the other hand demonstrated how restrained and calculating he is. Maybe his lack of risks will come back to bite him in the butt. For now, though, his workman approach to cooking should keep him alive.
Excited for tonight's episode. Penn and Teller, magic, and intrigue!Sounds good.

No comments: